Monday, May 1, 2023

Pencils Down

As a former student at many different levels of education I wasn't the most studious student. The thought of taking test were arduous and stressful at best.  The first time I ever heard of an open book test was the most exhilarating good news I've ever heard.  This would be easy, so I thought.  I didn't do as well as I thought because I was running out of time.  Well, one would say "how did you run out of time, it was an open book test"?  The answer is, I wasn't familiar with the text and didn't know where to go immediately for the answers. Therefore searching for the answers took up most of my time.

Oh Christian! This new life in Christ is an open book test. The Lord our God has given us everything pertaining to life and godliness. We are to be students of the Word. The Lord commands us to "study to show ourselves approved unto God, workmen being not ashamed rightly dividing the word of truth" 2Tim.2:15. 

Too many professing believers on average struggle to read and study the word of God.  The book which we are admonished to meditate on it day and night.  Jesus said "my people perish because of the lack of knowledge and they err not knowing the scriptures" We were told to hold fast to the word of truth. How do we hold fast if we have no interest in the person who has went to prepare a place for us?  Jesus told us to search the scriptures and in that we will find eternal life.  It reminds me of the the five wise and five foolish virgins. The five wise had oil in their lamps (the word of God) and the five foolish were empty.  Beware Christian of the snare and the sin of slothfulness.  It's subtle, yet popular among professing Christians today.  I heard of an old adage; the Bible is B-I-B-L-E.(Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth).  

O Christian, one thing is for sure one day the Lord will say "pencils down". Hebrews 9:27 declares "it is appointed unto man once to die and then the judgement.  Don't neglect so great a salvation saints.




No comments:

Post a Comment

That's thee Way it Goes...Almost Doesn't Count

  Some years ago a secular song popped in my mind. I had no intentions on dwelling on it, searching the content as I endeavored to renew my ...