Saturday, August 12, 2023

That's thee Way it Goes...Almost Doesn't Count

 

Some years ago a secular song popped in my mind. I had no intentions on dwelling on it, searching the content as I endeavored to renew my mind. meditating on these that are ture, noble, praiseworthy of a good report: Phil 4:6. After rehearsing the lyrics, for each stanza I could hear the heart of the Lord:

Songstress: Almost made you love me, Almost made you cry, Almost made you happy, didn'tI

The LordWould not God find this out? For He knows the secrets of the heart."Psalm 44:21

Songstress: You almost had me thinking You were turned around But everybody knows Almost doesn't count

The Lord:  Because lawlessness is increased, most people’s love will grow cold."Matthew 24:12” Then He spoke many things to them in parables, saying: "Behold, a sower went out to sow. And as he sowed, some seed fell by the wayside; and the birds came and devoured them. Some fell on stony places, where they did not have much earth; and they immediately sprang up because they had no depth of earth. But when the sun was up they were scorched, and because they had no root they withered away. And some fell among thorns, and the thorns sprang up and choked them. But others fell on good ground and yielded a crop: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. He who has ears to hear, let him hear!" Matthew 13: 3-9

Songstress: Almost heard you saying You were finally free What was always missing for you, You found it in me But you can't get to Heaven Half off the ground Everybody knows Almost doesn't count

The Lord: “No man that goes to war entangles himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier" 2 Tim. 2:4, And he that endures to the end shall be saved" Matthew 24:13

Songstress: I can't keep on loving you One foot outside the door, I hear a funny hesitation of a heart that's never really sure, Can't keep on trying If you're looking for more than all that I could give you Than what you came here for.

The Lord: "Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do" James 1:8

SongstressGonna find me somebody Not afraid to let go Want a no-doubt-be-there kind of man, You came real close, But every time you built me up, You only let me down, But everybody knows  Almost doesn't count 

The Lord: “Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me” Matthew 16:24

Songstress: Maybe you'll be sorry, Maybe you'll be cold, Maybe you'll come running back From the cruel, cruel world Almost convinced me You're gonna stick around But everybody knows (everybody knows) Almost doesn't count

The Lord: "And because sin will abound the love of many will wax cold" Matthew 24:12,  Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them,  but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.  But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept. Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open to us!’ But he answered and said, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.’ “Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming. Matthew 25

Songstress: That's the Way it Goes Almost Doesn't Count

The Lord: Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and that they may enter the city by the gates

Therefore, my beloved brethren. Make your calling and election sure  2 Peter 1:10. That’s the way it goes….ALMOST DOESN’T COUNT

No comments:

Post a Comment

That's thee Way it Goes...Almost Doesn't Count

  Some years ago a secular song popped in my mind. I had no intentions on dwelling on it, searching the content as I endeavored to renew my ...